Trimming & maintaining your trees can increase the value of your home from 3 to15%! Wanna know why saving the trees on your property is so Important?
Trees Increase Property Value
How much do trees increase the value of your home?
If you don’t have any trees on your property, planting trees is a very easy way to increase the value of your home. Did you know that the trees on your property can make up 10 to 15 percent of it all depends on what kind of trees you have the location the value of your home? Trees are becoming more more valuable as we move into the future. They benefit your home in several ways, but the most important is the increase in your property value. Planting or trimming trees can be one of the easiest and cheapest ways to increase the value of your home.
If you live in a $300,000 home in the suburbs, the trees on your property could give you a maximum benefit between 30 and 40 thousand dollars. It all depends on where the trees are located, what type of shape their in and what kind they are. If you have several beautiful trees in your yard that are in the right locations then you can a lot of tree services will go ahead and tell you to remove the tree bank on it increasing the value of your home by a good margin. So don’t go cutting down all your nice trees! Especially if you live in the suburbs somewhere. Removing some of your trees could cost you a lot of money. Before removing those dying trees, you might want to think about trying to save them first. Especially if they’re not completely dead.
Important Facts About Trimming, Planting & Maintaining Trees
Tree services make a lot more money when they have to remove your trees. Tree removal can cost up to around 50 times more than trimming. It all depends on how big the tree is and what type of shape its in. If you only have 2 trees on your property and you remove one, you need to plant more to get your property value back up. So after you pay a tree service to remove your trees, you gotta turn right back around and pay them again to come back and plant more trees if you want your property value to reach it’s maximum potential. 15% is alot of value to your home. Especially if you live I a house that’s worth over 100,000.
To see more information on the value of trees… I went and found another resource that is full of quality information about trees and economic facts about the benefits of trees to your property. Click on the blue text between the quotes to view more about how “trees can add 15% to the value of your home“.
Economic Facts about Trees
– While construction development costs can be greater for lots where trees were conserved (5.5% in one study 20 ), builders can recover extra costs of preserving homes through higher sales prices and faster sales for houses on wooded lots.
– Presence of larger trees in yards and as street trees will add from 3% to 15% to a home value throughout neighborhoods.
– Averages on the markets, effect street trees on all joined values across Portland, OR (population 590,000) yields a total value of $1.35 billion, potentially increasing annual property tax revenues $15.3 million. 9
– A House that is across the street from or near naturalistic parks and open spaces are valued at 8-20% higher than comparable properties, with the positive price effect declining to near 0 about ½ mile away. 26,27,28,29
– Research studies found out that rental rates increase to 7% higher for commercial offices nice quality landscapes.
– A study found that shoppers claim that they will spend 9 to12% more for goods and services in central business districts having a high quality tree canopy.
– Shoppers say that they are willing to travel longer distances and spend more time getting to visit a place that has high quality trees. They also indicate that they will spend more time there once they arrive.